5 Fashion Designers who surprisingly didn’t study Fashion
Throughout my career I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve heard people say to me “I love fashion and wanted to become a designer but unfortunately didn’t study fashion”. There are many highly successful fashion designers who never studied fashion yet have built iconic brands or gone to work for them as creative directors. Here’s my Top 5 fashion icons that didn’t study fashion at college:
- Coco Chanel: – Chanel left school at the young age of eighteen, never seeking to pursue a higher education.
- Virgil Abloh: – Virgil the founder of Milan-based fashion label Off-White and artistic director of menswear at Louis Vuitton studied engineering and architecture in Wisconsin and Illinois.
- Giorgio Armani: – Armani dropped out of medical school at the University of Bologna once he realised he hated the sight of blood.
- Alexander Wang: – Wang dropped out of Parsons The New School for Design after just two years to work as an intern and begin his career.
- Michael Kors: – Kors dropped out of school after only two semesters to begin his fashion career.
Did a lack of fashion qualification delay your brand launch, let me know in the comments?